Friday, August 8, 2008

Debates? Disagreements? Opinions?

"Too many people have lost the art of basic disagreement. They personalize rather than debate. It only seems to get more thin-skinned."

This status was shown on Facebook by Michael Caputo. Michael is an analyst with Minnesota Public Radio.

I honestly have so much to write about this statement that I don't know where to start. So, for now, I am going to head out to meet Michael and get a tour of the station ands talk to him about his thoughts on it.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear anyone elses thoughts.

PS. Today's fabulous shoe is yet to be determined. But, all in due time!

2 comments:

The Outlaw Firefighter said...

"Too many people have lost the art of basic disagreement. They personalize rather than debate. It only seems to get more thin-skinned."

Hmmmm!!! That is so true! What ever happen to the agree to disagree ? I know at some point I have dont that! I have my ways and Im set in them. Im changing though... I'm a work in progress! I just need a sign to wear that says caution construction area!

Karen said...

I hadn't really thought about this before. Thanks for the thought provoking words. It seems that people are more and more comfortable being "meaner" in the name of disageement.

I found you via Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda.